Learning classical Arabic effectively could not be more easier than this course of Madinah Islamic University. A tried and tested course over 40 years with proven track record of success, it is ideal in terms of the the topics covered and short time taken to learn. It is suitable for schools and colleges in the UK and other Western English speaking countries.
Whilst there are now several courses available on the market for the teaching of the Arabic language, the unique features of this particular one are:
It is very concise, consisting of only three books, all of which are short but extensive in their coverage.
It combines modern Arabic vocabulary with Islamic terminology as used in the Qur’an and Sunnah.
It covers all the essential Arabic grammatical rules in such a way that the student is spared the monotonous task of memorising them The author presents Arabic as a living and vibrant language and takes examples from Arabic in everyday use, as also from the Qur’an and Sunnah, so that as the student learns the languages,
he also acquires an understanding of hundreds of Qur’anic verses, ahadith, Arabic parables and poetry. This allows the student to become directly involved in the study of the Qu’ran and Sunnah while also acquiring a sound understanding of the Arabic language.
Note: Only Recommended for Those Familiar with The Arabic Alphabet and Basic Reading Skills
About The Author : Dr V. Abdur Rahim
* Received the national award for ‘Outstanding Arabic Scholar’ in 1997 CE conferred by former president of India: Dr. S. D. Sharma;
* Received the prestigious Madihur Rasool Sadaqatullah Appa Award 2012 CE for outstanding Arabic Scholar, from the Department of Arabic, Persian & Urdu, University of Madras, India (see ceremony and photos below);
* Deeply learned in the Glorious Qur’an and Sunnah;
* Majored in English Language and Literature (University of Madras, India);
* Holds M.Phil. and Ph.D. Degrees in Arabic Philology from the University of Al-Azhar (Cairo);
* Formerly Professor of Arabic Language for 30 years at the Islamic University of Madinah;
* Personally taught the Arabic Language all over the world such as at Islamic University Madinah, Islamic University Omdurman, Sudan, Khartoum University Sudan, in Germany, Washington D.C. and British Guyana;
* Has been teaching Arabic as a foreign language for more than 50 years;
* An expert on European Languages: their etymology, phonetic change and semantic development;
* Formerly the Director of the ‘Institute of Teaching Arabic as a Foreign Language’, Islamic University, Madinah;
* Currently the Director of the Translation Centre at the ‘King Fahd Glorious Qur’aan Printing Complex’ (Madinah, Saudi Arabia)
There are no reviews yet.