- Age Range: 8 – 12 years
- Grade Level: 3 – 7
- Hardcover: 40 pages
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0375840729
- ISBN-13: 978-0375840722
- Product Dimensions: 8.9 x 0.3 x 11.2 inches
The Middle Ages were a period of tremendous cultural and scientific advancement in the Islamic Empire—ideas and inventions that shaped our world.
Did you know that:
• The numbers you use every day (Arabic numerals!) are a Muslim invention?
• The marching band you hear at football games has its roots in the Middle East?
• You are drinking orange juice at breakfast today thanks to Islamic farming innovations?
• The modern city’s skyline was made possible by Islamic architecture?
The Muslim world has often been a bridge between East and West, but many of Islam’s crucial innovations are hidden within the folds of history. In this important book, Bryn Barnard uses short, engaging text and gorgeous full-color artwork to bring Islam’s contributions gloriously to life. Chockful of information and pictures, and eminently browsable, The Genius of Islam is the definitive guide to a fascinating topic.
Out of stock
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.