Secrets to Writing a Successful Business Plan: A Pro Shares a Step-by-Step Guide to Creating a Plan that Gets Results by Hal Shelton will open your eyes to insider tips, hints, and techniques for creating a winning business plan. Nearly 50 percent of new businesses fail within five years. A well thought-out business plan can dramatically turn the odds in your favor. With this easy-to-follow guide, you will:
• Discover why you need a business plan and the best style for you
• Receive step-by-step guidance for creating each section of your plan • Write your plan as you go using worksheets in every chapter (link to www.score.org/secrets_business_plan)
• Get proven strategies for obtaining bank loans and attracting investors
• Spend less time writing your plan and more time setting up your business
• Learn how to create a business plan for a nonprofit
Are you planning to start a business, grow an existing business, or start a nonprofit? Wherever you are in your journey, you have a need to develop the knowledge and plans to guide you to a successful business operation. While this learning and planning process takes many forms, shapes, and levels of intensity, it is all considered part of the business planning process. If you are in any of the above stages with your business, this book is written for you. It is for entrepreneurs who are thinking of starting a small business or nonprofit, and for small business owners who want to grow an existing business or solve an operating problem.
This book will also help if you are looking for assurance that you are headed in the right direction, seeking help with a section of your business plan that you do not understand, feeling that a section of your business plan is not robust enough and want pointers, or wanting to learn where and how to apply for funding. Entrepreneurs should always surround themselves with mentors and advisors, so you will also find ideas on where to find these valuable resources. The Secrets to Writing a Successful Business Plan is packed with actionable advice and real-life examples from Shelton’s experience as a senior executive, SCORE small business mentor, and angel investor.